Do you have a wet basement? No problem! We provide reliable, professional service with the latest waterproofing solutions to keep your basement dry. Choosing the best waterproofing company can be difficult with so many factors to consider, but KC Pro is are a fully insured, bonded and licensed company. We provide warranties for all of our services. If you need assistance with waterproofing your home, we are always happy to provide free estimates. We know how important it is to stay safe and dry, that’s why we offer Same as Cash Financing for 12 months to qualified customers. We are here to answer any questions that you may have about basement waterproofing, so please don’t hesitate to contact our office anytime. Our team of professionals are trained and experienced to help protect your greatest investment from water damages.
Common Signs You Need Basement Waterproofing
Basement leaks can be a serious problem that can immediately get out of hand, so it’s important to catch them as early as possible. If your basement ever feels damp after rain, or you notice water on the basement floor, it’s likely you have a water leak. At KC Pro, we want to help keep your basement dry and safe before the leaks become a serious issue. Here are a few signs of water leaks to look out for in and around your home:
What causes basement water leaks?
There are many causes for basement leaks. Often ground water can seep into your foundation and basement floor. If your gutters are clogged with debris or leaves, water can leak into your basement after heavy rain. Make sure your gutters are cleaned regularly and properly installed. Water leaks can also be caused by improper downspouts, close proximity landscaping, poor soil conditions, soil shrinkage, poor site preparation, and plumbing leaks.
What are the signs of basement leaks?
Try to catch basement leaks before they ruins your basement. Not only will they destroy your interior finishes and belongings, but the water can affect your family’s health due to mold and mildew exposure. And don’t think water damage can only occur inside your home – it’s important to check the exterior as well. Watch for these common signs:
- Water stains – They can be present on your basement walls, ceiling or floors. This is a clear indication that you have a basement leak.
- Mold/Mildew – This means that there is a leak and levels of moisture. Mold can be any color. Get it tested immediately if you suspect there is mold in your basement.
- Musty odor – Wet basements smell musty due to moisture and water leaks.
- Walls leaning in or out – If your walls are starting to lean or bow, this is a good indicator that there is water in your basement.
- Rotting wood – Rotting wood indicates moisture problems. The structure of your home can be damaged.
- Deposits on walls – White chalky substances from mineral deposits can be present on your basement walls. This substance comes from the presence of water.
- Rusty appliances – Moisture causes rusty fuse boxes and appliances. Immediately seek out the source of the water and fix the problem.
- Wall cracks – Water can cause basement wall cracks. Avoiding necessary repairs and waterproofing, will make wall cracks larger.
We Install Effective Basement Waterproofing Systems
There are various solutions for fixing basement leaks before they cause major damage to your basement. Contact KC Pro if you need reliable waterproofing solutions. We specialize in waterproofing basements and foundation repair, and offer the following services:
Interior Drainage Systems
With our unpredictable Kansas City weather, rain storms can happen anytime, and many homes have leaking basements. Installing an interior drainage system around the inside of your basement walls can eliminate damage to your basement and belongings. We offer sump pumps, a water channel, vapor barriers, channel drains, sump pits, and drain pipes. Each component of our interior waterproofing system is beneficial, but when installed as a complete system, completely solves any water drainage issues.
- Sump pumps – This system is effective for removing water from basements and crawl spaces. It sends water away from your home’s foundation. They are a energy efficient and high performing water removal system.
- Water channel – A pathway is created for water to enter between a basement wall and the footing. The indentations are shaped like a cup. This allows the floor to rest on the footing so water can move freely.
- Vapor barrier – Installing vapor barriers stops water from entering the home and eliminates moisture in the crawl space.
- Sump pits – This reduces moisture and humidity in your basement.
- Sump basins – If you have a great sump pump installed, a sump basin should also be installed. This helps removes water from around and underneath your foundation.
- Channel drain – The interlocking joints on the channel drain makes this a lightweight drainage system. There is no need to grade a deck surface to a low area.
- Drain pipe – This removes water from the wall and footing. It can also be used for interior and exterior applications.
Exterior Drainage Systems
This process involves digging up the area around the foundation and rebuilding it – it’s a similar process to what you see during new home construction. At KC Pro, we review your landscaping before the installation process to avoid digging up shrubs around your home. We also provide additional exterior waterproofing solutions to eliminate water infiltration between the basement walls. We apply hydrostatic mastic and MiraDri to seal the basement walls. We also use MiraDRAIN to allow better drainage to your tile system.
Wall Crack Injections
Wall crack injections are another basement waterproofing solution we offer. Wall cracks allow unwanted pests and insects into your basement, and increase the moisture levels, making your basement a hazardous area for mold growth. Overtime, wall cracks can get larger and lead to even more foundation damage. To repair cracked foundation walls or floors, we use epoxy injection and urethane injection systems to bond cracks and restore the original strength back into the concrete.
Our basement waterproofing solutions will help keep your basement dry throughout even the worst rainy seasons. Contact us today for a free estimate and our trained technicians will inspect your basement to provide the best waterproofing solution for your home.