Winter Doesn’t Mean You Can’t Use Basement Waterproofing
Now is the Perfect Time for Basement Waterproofing!
With spring just around the corner, it is important to make sure that your home is adequately waterproofed. Kansas City springs can bring a large amount of rain. If your basement is not properly waterproofed, this rain can seep into your home and cause lots of trouble. Fortunately, the experts at KC Pro can provide you with a variety if waterproofing solutions to keep your basement dry and healthy. Most of our waterproofing systems can even be installed during the winter months. Prepare your home for the wet spring ahead – contact KC Pro for quality basement waterproofing services today.
There are many issues that can develop from a wet or damp basement or crawlspace. The health and safety of your entire home may be jeopardized if your basement is not properly waterproofed. Some of the problems that excess water may cause include:
- Water stains/damage: Water stains or mineral deposits may develop on your basement walls, floor, or ceiling where water is entering the area. Too much water in the basement can also cause damage to your personal possessions.
- Bowing or leaning walls: Bowing or leaning foundation walls can be caused by a buildup of moisture in the soil around the basement walls. This leads to further foundation problems, and can also cause wall cracks, which will complicate existing water issues.
- Rotting wood: If the excess water in your basement causes wooden supports or beams to rot, it could endanger the structural integrity of your home.
- Rust: Rusting can also occur in metal appliances, fuse boxes, etc., which can be dangerous for the electrical components of your home.
- Wall cracks: Water pressure around your foundation may cause cracks to develop in the basement walls; these cracks provide an easy access point through which moisture, dirt, or pests can enter the home.
- Foundation cracks: Foundation cracks can also occur due to water issues. Cracks in your foundation can lead to further, more serious moisture or structural issues.
- Mold: If mold begins to grow in your basement, it can infect the air throughout the house and cause health problems for you and your family.
- Musty odor: Musty odors are a sign that there is water and possibly mold in your basement.
- Pooling water/flooding: If water begins to pool in your basement, or if the basement flood entirely, it can cause a slew of new problems for you and your family.
Types of Kansas City Waterproofing Solutions
If your basement needs to be waterproofed, call KC Pro today. We offer a wide variety of services to fit your home’s every need. The first of these premiere waterproofing services is exterior waterproofing and drainage installation. The exterior drainage system is the first line of defense against water issues; the system includes the gutters, drain tiles and pipes, proper grading, and any other means of adjusting the area outside your home to prevent water from pooling around the foundation and entering the basement. Installing an exterior waterproofing system involves digging out the land around the foundation to apply a rubberized moisture seal and install pipes to carry rainwater away from the home.
Next comes the interior drainage system. Interior waterproofing is used to divert water that has made its way into the basement. Some of the most important components in our waterproofing system include the drain pipes and channel drains. These systems can be installed along the bottom of basement walls (near the footings) to catch water and carry it away before it causes issues. KC Pro waterproofing experts can also install a water channel beneath the floor of your basement to contain water without allowing moisture into the home.
Another important part of any interior waterproofing system is the sump pump system. This includes the pump itself and the sump pit. The sump pit, or sump basin, is used to collect the water that the drainage system catches. Once the pit is filled to a certain level with water, the sump pump pumps the water put and away from the basement. Here at KC Pro, we use quality sump pumps from the reliable foundation repair supplier ECP (Earth Contact Products) for the most efficiency. This entire system works in coherence with other interior drainage methods to keep the basement dry and mold free.
We also offer crawlspace encapsulation to seal moisture out of your crawlspace. Crawlspace encapsulation is the process of installing a vapor barrier along the walls of a crawlspace to form a barrier against moisture. If you have a damp crawlspace beneath your home, it can affect the structural integrity of your home or the air quality throughout the house. A crawlspace vapor barrier can solve these issues by creating a vapor seal to keep unwanted moisture out of your home.
Yet another waterproofing solution that we offer is crack injection. If you have cracks in your basement walls or foundation, water might seep through and cause water stains, pooling, or other issues related to excess water in the basement. Sealing these cracks will prevent these problems and keep your home healthier. To do this, the KC Pro team utilizes a few different solutions. Most wall cracks are filled using a Urethane injection system that creates a water-tight seal. Floor cracks are usually filled with an Epoxy Injection System. This solutions bonds the concrete together and restores the original strength to not only insure that water cannot enter, but also that the foundation remains structurally sound.
For all of your basement waterproofing needs and to prepare your home for the wet spring months, KC Pro has a variety of reliable solutions. Our waterproofing experts have years of experience in the business, making them an excellent choice for the job. Our team will work with you to find the best solution and decide on a price to fit your budget. Whatever issues you may have with your wet basement, contact us here at KC Pro for the best solutions. We are your basement waterproofing experts in the Kansas City area.